This is a simple and delicious recipe adapted from Amelia Freer’s, Nourish & Glow: The 10-Day Plan. It’s a great success with the whole family so I make it most weeks!
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 dried red chilli
- 2-3 tbsp tomato purée
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 400g cooked or raw king prawns, no shells (defrosted if using frozen prawns)
- 4 large handfuls rocket
- 4 courgettes, spiralised or make ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 handfuls finely chopped fresh basil or flat-leaved parsley
- drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon zest (optional)
- Put the cherry tomatoes, garlic, chilli, tomato purée and salt and black pepper to taste in a blender and blend to sauce consistency.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the spicy tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes. You may need to add water if it seems too thick.
- Add the prawns and simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until they are heated through if pre-cooked or cooked through if raw. Add the rocket and stir through to wilt.
- Add the courgetti to the sauce and stir through until softened. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs, a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Freer A (2017) Nourish & Glow: The 10-Day Plan. UK: Random House.
Allergy information: contains crustaceans.